During setup, the camera must be near your wifi router. That’s why we recommend you do the setup with the camera plugged in near your router and only once the setup is completed, do you install the camera outdoors.
If you already got your outdoor camera mounted and for some reason you need to go through setup again, setup may fail if there is too much distance between your camera and router or if the router signal is weakened by walls, etc. In that case, the best option would be to either unmount the camera and plug it in near your router, or instead move your router near your camera.
Then go through the below steps:
- First, delete the camera from the camera list: If you are an iOS user, tap on the gear icon of the camera you want to remove and then tap ‘Remove Camera’. If you are an Android™ user, tap on the gear icon of the camera you want to remove and then tap on the bin icon at the top right corner.
- Now you can add your camera again.
For further setup instructions check out the FAQs How do I setup my camera using an iOS device or How do I setup my camera using an Android™ device.
If nonetheless, the setup fails, you may need to hard reset your outdoor camera:
- Start the hard reset of the camera by holding down the ‘Pair’ button.
- Unplug the camera while holding down the ‘Pair’ button.
- After 10 seconds plug the camera back in, while still holding down the’ Pair’ button and wait until you hear a beep and the LED starts blinking. This may take up to 20 seconds.
- Now start setup again.
You can also check the Focus72 setup video here.