We’ve put together a video to help explain the setup process of your camera in detail.
We also give you the steps in writing and some screenshots showing you the flow. The first steps to set up your camera are:
- Download the app
- Create an account (or log in if you already have an account).
Make sure you have the Wi-Fi® password at hand. If you have a set with a parent monitor, we recommend turning off your parent monitor while adding the camera to the app to avoid any interference.
- Plug in the camera, turn it on, and place it within range of your Wi-Fi router.
- Now open the app to add your camera
- Tap the +icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Select “I have an IP-Enabled model”.
- Select the camera model that you are using from the options that are shown. If you do not see your specific model listed, please select “Other Cameras” at the bottom of the page.
- Make sure the camera is plugged into a power source. Switch ON the camera and wait until the RED LED starts blinking.
- Press and hold the PAIR button for 3 seconds (Depending on the model the pair button is either located at the bottom of the camera OR on the side near the on/off button). You will hear a beep (except if you’re setting up an outdoor camera), followed by a voice prompt indicating that the camera is ready for pairing. Click Got it and Continue.
- Follow the new on-screen instructions and click on Continue.
- If Bluetooth® is not activated on your iPhone or iPad you are prompted to turn on Bluetooth® to allow the app to connect. Go to your Phone Settings and activate it.
- Return to the home screen, and open the “Hubble Connected for Motorola” app again to continue.
- When Bluetooth® is activated the app will automatically search for and connect to your camera.
- Go to your phone’s Wi-Fi list by going to mobile device settings and pressing “Wi-Fi”.
- On the displayed list, there should have a network called “CameraHD”.
- Click on “CameraHD”. It may take a few seconds. Once the connection is successful, a blue checkmark on the left of “CameraHD” will appear. (Below the CameraHD you may see ‘Unsecure Network’. This is normal behavior. Please just continue and ignore this message.)
- Quickly return to the Hubble Connected for Motorola Monitors App. The Hubble Connected App should finalize the setup. After a few seconds and if the connection was successful, a message saying “Great! The Camera has been detected Successfully!” will appear.
- When successfully detected tap ‘Next’.
- When prompted, select your Wi-Fi® network and enter your Wi-Fi® password, then tap ‘OK’. (You can tap ‘Show password’ to easily check whether you’ve filled out your Wi-Fi® password correctly.)
- It may take a few minutes for the camera to connect to your Wi-Fi® network before showing the connection status.
- Once the process is done and successful, you are greeted by a window saying: “Congratulations! Your camera has been successfully set up!”
- You can now choose one of the default names for your camera or you can give it a customized name by simply clicking “Other”.
- You will be prompted at once to activate some settings like Motion and Sound Detection sensitivity. You can set up these settings now or skip this step and set up them later.
If setup using Bluetooth® fails, you can try setup using Wi-FI® instead. The steps are slightly different:
- Press and hold the Pair button for 3 seconds. You will hear a beep, followed by a voice prompt indicating that the camera is ready for pairing. (Note: The outdoor cameras do not emit a beep or prompt).
- Go to your Phone Settings and open the Wi-FI® settings. The camera HD will be listed under the available networks. Select it and wait for it to connect.
- Press and hold once again the Pair button until you hear the beep and/or ‘Ready for Pairing’ prompt.
- Turn off Wi-FI® and activate it again
- Refresh the Wi-FI® networks list.
- Reopen the “Hubble Connected for Motorola” app to continue setup. The App will search for and connect to your camera. The LED on the camera unit will be flashing. This may take a minute.
- Once found the camera HD is displayed on the screen. Tap to select it.
- When successfully detected tap ‘Next’.
- When prompted, select your Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-FI® password, then tap ‘OK’. (You can tap ‘Show password’ to easily check whether you’ve filled out your Wi-FI® password correctly.)
- It will take a few minutes for the camera to connect to your Wi-Fi® network. If successfully set up you are asked to indicate how you are going to use the camera and to give it a name.
If you get a prompt informing you an OTA update is available (this is a firmware update), tap ‘Update now’ and then ‘OK’. Wait till the firmware has been upgraded and tap again ‘OK’ to finalize the setup.
If setup fails, you may want to try again and click ‘Retry’.