We’ve put together a video to help explain the setup process of your camera in detail. We also give you the steps in writing and some screenshots showing you the flow. The first steps to set up your camera are:
- Download the app.
- Create an account (or log in when you already have an account).
If you have a set with parent unit, we recommend turning off your parent monitor while adding the camera to the app to avoid any interference. Make sure you have the Wi-Fi® password at hand.
- Plug in the camera and turn it on and place it within range of your Wi-Fi®.
- Now open the app to add your camera.
- Tap the + icon in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Select “I have an IP-Enabled model”.
- Select the camera model that you are using from the options that are shown. If you do not see your specific model listed, please select “Other Cameras” at the bottom of the page.
- Make sure the camera is plugged into a power source. Switch ON the camera and wait until the RED LED starts blinking.
- If the LED is not blinking, press and hold the PAIR button until the LED start blinking. Depending on the model the pair button is either located at the bottom of the camera OR on the side near the on/off button. You will hear a beep, followed by a voice prompt indicating that the camera is ready for pairing. (Note: The outdoor cameras do not emit a beep or prompt).
- Follow the on-screen instructions. Click “Got it” and “Continue”.
- Select “Detect Camera” on the Hubble Connected app.
- Then press on “Open settings” to go to your phone’s Wi-Fi list. The LED on the camera unit will start flashing and the Hubble Connected app will automatically detect your device as an available network to connect to. This may take a minute.
- Once found, the cameraHD is displayed on screen. Tap to select it. Below the CameraHD you may see ‘Internet is not available’. This is a normal behavior. Please just continue and ignore this message.)
- Click on “CameraHD” and under the CameraHD you will see: “Obtaining IP address” and then “Connected”.
- Once you see “Connected”, quickly return to the Hubble Connected for Motorola Monitors App. The Hubble Connected App should finalize the setup.
- After a few seconds and if the connection was successful, a message saying “Great! The Camera has been detected Successfully!” will appear.
- Click “next” as the device will start searching for the available Wi-Fi networks. This may take a few seconds.
- Select YOUR Wi-Fi network and enter your Wi-Fi password. (You can tap ‘Show password’ to easily check whether you have filled out your Wi-Fi password correctly.)
- Click “Submit”.
- The Hubble Connected app is setting up your camera. This may take a few minutes. (Please note that you may see a message: ‘Hubble Connected for Motorola Monitors is trying to turn WiFi ON or off. Press on Allow.)
- Once the process is done and successful, you are greeted by a window saying: “Congratulations! Your camera has been successfully set up!” You can now choose one of the default names for your camera or you can give it a customised name by simply clicking “Other”.
- You will be prompted at once to activate some settings like Motion and Sound Detection sensitivity. You can set up these settings now or skip this step and set up them later.
If you get a prompt informing you an OTA update is available (this is a firmware update), tap ‘Update now’ and then ‘OK’. Wait till the firmware has been upgraded and tap again ‘OK’ to finalise the setup. If connection fails, try again. Ideally then press the pair button, wait 7-10 seconds and then tap on ‘Try again’.